Abbey Nursing & Care was established in the year 2000 and has
over 18 years of experience in providing home care services.
The company was established by Karen Pearson who is Managing Director and remains a hands on owner. We also provide Temporary Staff to Nursing and Residential homes. Abbey Nursing & Care is registered with the care quality commission.
Abbey Nursing & Care is here to help when you first start considering help at home.We offer a range of one to one services tailor made to the needs of the individual. Home visits can be arranged from 30 minutes per day to 24 hours care, 365 days per year.
It is the aim of Abbey Nursing & Care to deliver a high standard service of Health & Personal Care, in a patient centred way.
This will be achieved by promoting a Standard of Excellence which embraces fundamental principles of good care practice that is witnessed and evaluated through the practice, conduct and control of quality care.
The care service is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain a service user’s overall quality of life.
- To ensure that the service is delivered flexibly, effectively and in a non discriminatory fashion while respecting each service users’ right to independence, privacy, dignity and fulfillment, and the rights to make informed choices and to take risks.
- To ensure that each service users’ needs and values are respected in matter of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood and disability impairment.
- To ensure that the care service in whole is delivered in accordance with agreed purchasing contracts and care agreements.
- To manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development to enable the service users’ needs to be met.
- To manage the care service efficiently and effectively to make the best uses of resources and to maximise value for money for the purchaser of the service.
- To undertake risk assessments of environmental health & safety hazards within the home of each new service user.
- To ensure that all service users receive written information on Abbey Nursing & Care’s procedure for handling complaints, comments and compliments and how to use it.
Below is an overview of the people within Abbey Nursing & Care’s team:
Managing Director / Registered Manager
My background is nursing, having qualified as a registered nurse & midwife. I started Abbey Nursing & Care in February 2000 and since then I have achieved my NVQ Level 4 Managers Award and my teaching qualification. I am really passionate about Abbey Nursing & Care delivering the very best person centred care to care service users. I look forward to the year ahead and the challenges it will bring.
I joined Abbey Nursing & Care in January 2011 as a community support worker. Since joining I have completed my NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care. I took over as Care Manager in October 2017 and since joining Abbey Nursing & Care I have completed Level 2 courses in End of Life Care, Food & Nutrition and Principles of Care Planning.
Senior Care Co-ordinator
I joined Abbey Nursing & Care initially as a community support worker in July 2016. Since joining Abbey Nursing & Care I have completed various courses including Level 2 Medication Awareness and Team Leading. I am passionate about delivering high standards of person centred care and this is the best career choice ever.
Senior Care Co-ordinator
I joined Abbey Nursing & Care in October 2017. I have a degree in Early Years and Childhood Studies. Since joining I have completed my Level 2 in Medicines. I love working with people and I am passionate about providing the best possible service and look forward to the challenges ahead.
Community Support Worker
I joined Abbey Nursing & Care in December 2013. It was the best decision I made. I previously have worked in the NHS in a clerical role. When I joined I was given full support from Karen and the team. What I like about the job is being able to make a difference to someone’s life, even the little things as I might be the only person they see that day. I have completed training in Level 2 Dementia Awareness.