to a wide range of people within Trafford. We are able to support
individuals across the entire community.
Our Care Services:
Abbey Nursing & Care currently deliver our homecare service to older people on behalf of local authorities, the NHS and individuals who wish to pay privately or through their personal budgets for the service. council for the eighteen years and we are contracted to The care delivered can range from a 30 minute check to ensure that the individual has taken prescribed medication, for example, through to 24 hour, live-in care
Abbey Nursing & Care believe that as many people as possible should be cared for in the community – in their own homes where they are more comfortable, avoiding the possibility of moving into a care home. Abbey nursing & care can provide help with every aspect of your day, individual to what you need and what you want. Some examples of services you may require from us include, but are not restricted to, the following;
- Help with getting up, washed and dressed in the morning
- Assistance to prepare your breakfast
- Support with any domestic activities (cleaning or laundry for example) Enable you to go shopping
- Join you in your social activities
- Aid you in any way to access education or employment
- Arrange and escort to appointments
- Support with banking and bills
- Assistance with the evening meal
- Assistance with medication
- Help you to get ready for bed
- Support throughout the night
- Further we can support individuals;
- with short term medical conditions, including recovery from accidents, illnesses and surgery
- with chronic medical conditions requiring ongoing care such as diabetes, emphysema, hypertension and strokes
- in need of support due to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- with terminal illness
- who require supportive or respite assistance
- Complex health need such as Multiple schersos, muscular dytrorophy
Whether you are born with a disability, or it’s acquired later in life and whether it is permanent or temporary, it’s important to have some independence. Independent living is more possible now, than it ever was before with Direct Payments, Individual Service Funds, and Individual Budgets providing more choice and control, and the ability to choose your own help at home.
Abbey Nursing & care are able to develop a person centred plan with you so it’s possible to stay within the comfort of your own home.
We believe that individuals should have the choice to be at the centre of planning your own individual care package. to enhance your sense of well being .Abbey Nursing & care will support with physical disabilities to live as independently as possible, encouraging and helping you to get the best out of life. We can help no matter how simple, or complex the support your individual needs. We develop a package off care individual and person centred and are designed around your personal needs and choices.
You can choose the type of support and care you want at home and feel you need with complete personalisation, the type of support we can provide includes but is not limited to:
- Personal Home Care; assistance with daily routines like washing and bathing, getting dressed and ready for the day, managing medicines, or settling in for the evening.
- Practical help at home; support with daily tasks like light domestic duties, preparing and cooking meals, and shopping.
- Social inclusion; arrange trips out, visits to friends and family, attending youth clubs or coffee mornings, cultural and other social activities.
- Community inclusion; we can help with joining and engaging with local volunteer or community groups and events.
- We will work with the individual, rather than for them, helping them to do things for themselves as much as possible.
Abbey Nursing & Care are able support to adults & children who have learning disabilities and associated complex needs, such as communication difficulties, autism, epilepsy and physical disabilities. Abbey Nursing & Cares person-centered approach focuses on what you can do to help you reach your full potential and goals.
Abbey Nursing & Care is able to offer an individual flexible service .
We can support you in your own accommodation, your family home or a supported living service, our care and support is bespoke to your needs.
We can provide assistance for a few hours a week, 24 hours a day
Abbey Nursing & Care will work with you and your family or advocate to develop an individual person centred plan support plan, This is focused on your wishes, needs and aspirations. Abbey Nursing & care review your support plan with you, your family and relevant healthcare professionals to ensure we’re giving you the right level of support to reach your personal goals.
Abbey Nursing & Care believe that supporting you to live as independently as possible is paramount to your health, happiness and wellbeing. Abbey Nursing & Care will focus and what you can do and your individual capabilities and identify the daily tasks that they could do for yourself so you can stay active in a way that suits your individual needs.. Abbey Nursing & Care believe that empowerment & choice is central so that you can develop the skills you need to live the life you want.
What is mental health illness?
Mental illness can affect all people of all ages from young children to the elderly. It is different in everyone, and there are many differing causes; some are inherited genetically, whilst others are brought on by lifestyle or events.
Without the right support and interventions, a mental health illness can prevent individuals from enjoying life.
Some of the more commonly known mental health problems are:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating Disorders
- Bi-Polar Disorder
- Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Mental health illness can cause individuals’ complete, or partial dysfunction within their daily lives; they may have trouble managing their medications, get into debt, become more reclusive and withdrawn, personal hygiene and appearance may suffer, and many other reasons that may also prevent social engagement, further reducing self-esteem.
How can home care help with mental illness?
Abbey Nursing & care cannot provide the psychiatric and therapeutic help that is required for mental health illness recovery. But at Abbey Nursing & Care we can help with the day-to-day things that may have become more difficult, such as:
- Support, friendship and emotional encouragement
- Help with washing and personal appearance
- Medication management
- Support with social activities
- Housework and light domestic duties
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Planning activities
- Help with household bills/money management
Home care, part of the whole solution
Abbey Nursing & Care provide an individual person centred care and support with a focus on outcomes to achieve ‘self-defined recovery’ that considers how each person wants to live within the context of their mental health condition. We also team up with case workers, social workers, family members, friends, and others working with individuals to support them to reach their goals.
We track progress of goals and match staff to individuals’ preferences and locality. We help to promote better health with nutrition and lifestyles choice suggestions; promoting an active life for people with mental health issues. We also encourage independent living, whether that is to retain, or regain independence.
Our community support workers will help to support the local approach to safeguarding of people with mental health issues.
We encourage people with mental health issues to have their say about the support they receive, and provide support based on dignity and respect.
Find out how we can help you today. Call us on 0161 973 2066.
As part of our bespoke care packages, we are able to provide the following services:
- Escort to appointments
- Assist with clothes shopping
- Sending Emails
- Reminiscence therapy
- Escort to Plays,
- Concerts and Cinema
- Collect Postage
- Light Cleaning
- Organise Cupboards
- Home Deliveries
- Prepare Shopping Lists
- Making Beds
- Cough Assist
- Stoma Care
- Catheter Care
Personal Care Services
- Help with bathing/showering
- Assistance with personal care
- Dementia care
- Assistance with getting ready for bed
- Assistance with diet & nutrition
30 mins a day to 24 hours 7 days a week
We provide a personal bespoke package to meet the needs of the individuals. Please contact us regarding your individual needs.
To request an information pack or for a general enquiry about
Abbey Nursing & Care services please contact 0161 973 2066 or
Please note reference requests will not be actioned through this email address.